Software freelancing, what license do you use?

T

tutu12

Hello everybody.

I would like to know what license you use for yours software products for not be responsable of the results.

For example, if I make a software product for an enterprise, and the next year that product make them lose money because my software didn´t work properly and then the enterprise want ask me the money, how I´d deal with that?

Thank you so much

how I´d deal with that?
You can certainly take various approaches: In the case of proprietary software you might want to resort to a kind of "End User Licence Agreement" in which you could state "that the software doesn't come with any form of warranty or guarantee" and that using the software also implies that your customer has understood these terms you are licensing upon.

Personally I am contributing to a General Public Licence Business Software (Chart of Accounts, Localization) etc. and I am not allowed to change the licence. I am allowed to create a fork of the software though but can't change the licence itself as the GPL doesn't allow that.

For the worst case of the client legally suing you you also have the option to buy insurance coverage for the money your client might lose.

Happy hacking!

Zurück
Oben Unten