Musik Was hört ihr gerade (Teil 11)

Es gibt Musikinstrumente, die ich als alter Punk-NewWave-Hardrocker nie so richtig auf dem Schirm hatte. ;)

Um so verwunderlicher, dass mich dieses Zufallsfundstück mit monoton-hypnotischem 5-String-Banjo mich von der ersten bis zur letzten Sekunde flasht. :D

Randbemerkung 1: Das Henne-Ei Problem: Wer war zuerst da, Sido oder Old Leatherstocking? :)
Randbemerkung 2: Dieser Musikclip ist eine nette mentale Abkühlung an einem heissen Sommertag.

Enjoy!

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: WollMac und somos
ist das die olle Patricia Morrisson im Video? Hach, die fand ich auch mal nett… :)
jupp, das is' sie.
Allerdings ziehe ich mir die "Gun Club"-Alben wegen ihm hier rein: Brian Tristan aka Kid Congo Powers.
Der Typ ist einfach grandios.

Kid Congo Powers and the Pink Monkey Birds – Full Performance (Live on KEXP)

Songlist:
01. Conjur Man
02. Killer Diller
03. I Don't Like
04. Bubble Trouble

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: iNyx

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: iNyx
Einen Drink und 'ne Congo Power Scheibe auflegen:

Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds – He Walked In

Trivia:
I thought, is anyone going to even like this? It’s a slow 14-minute song! We’re a crazy rock n roll, garage rock band. But it’s the music we want to make and that came out of us at this moment. Luckily, and like anything that has that positive energy behind it, it was very well received. I like that our audience seems willing and happy for us to change things up, they want you to expanded; like I do when I’m a fan, I always have been. I followed Patti Smith’s work since I was 15-16-years-old to now and I’m always happy whatever it is she does, it’s always big to me, it’s just loving her as an artist. I’m like that with a lot of people that stay in it for the long haul and stay true to the muse. All the people I have been involved with, I still feel its amazing work that’s coming out of them, it’s because they stick to their original idea but then are not afraid to experiment and go outside the formula, there’s no pandering going on, that is exciting to me!

Curtis Mayfield – Do Do Wap Is Strong In Here

Hey, now I plan to be a bad titty sucker
And I plan to stay a black motherfucker
Stepped in depth of the same livin' hell
So I ain't too proud to die here as well

Do do wap is strong in here …mmh-mh …

Frei nach Fischmob: "ich liiieebe dieses Lied …"":

Living Color – Mind Your Own Business

Why don't you mind your own business