Musik Was hört ihr gerade (Teil 11)

Tom T Hall

I guess I should've written, Dad, to let you know that I was coming homeI've been gone so many years, I didn't realize you had a phoneI saw your cattle coming in, boy they're looking mighty fat and slickI saw Fred at the service station, told me that his wife is awful sickYou heard my record on the radio, oh, well it's just another songBut I've got a hit recorded and it'll be out on the market 'fore too longI got this ring in Mexico, no, it didn't cost me quite a bunchWhen you're in the business that I'm in, the people call it puttin' up a frontI know I've lost a little weight, I guess I am looking kind of paleIf you didn't know me better, Dad, you'd think that I'd just gotten out of jailNo, we don't ever call them beer joints, night clubs are the places that I workYou meet a lot of people there, but no, there ain't much chance of gettin' hurtI'm sorry that I couldn't be there with you all when Momma passed awayI was on the road and when they came and told me it was just too lateI drove by the grave to see her, boy, that really is a pretty stoneI'm glad that Fred and Jan are here, it's better than you being here aloneWell I knew you's gonna ask me who the lady is that's sleeping in the carThat's just a girl who works for me and, man, she plays a pretty mean guitarWe worked in San Antone last night, she didn't even have the time to dressShe drove me down from Nashville and to tell the truth I guess she needs the restWell, Dad, I gotta go, we got a dance to work in Cartersville tonightLet me take your number down, I'll call you, and I promise you I'll writeNow you be good and don't be chasin' all those pretty women that you knowAnd by the way if you see Barbara Walker tell her that I said "Hello."

Rock'n'Roll aus Stockholm, Sweden jetzt…

Negative Self – Never Leave

Trivia:
… to make another album packed with melodic and emotional crossover thrash. :thumbsup:

Das aktuelle neue Album ist echt ein Kracher – wer hätte es gedacht.
Der Sullivan ist ja nun auch schon betagt, aber diese Stimme kann immer noch gelebte Reveluzze suggerieren. :thumbsup:
Hier der starke Opener des Albums:

New Model Army – First Summer After

After all the days of waiting we were suddenly released
We filled our pockets with good fortune and headed out East
There were rumours on the highways, there were shadows of the war
It was the first summer after and the last summer before …

…na, oin hammer noch, weil se spring ansteht:

Mondo Drag – Death In Spring

👂

„Only The Young“, einer meiner Lieblingssongs von „Journey“ birgt immer eine Atmosphäre von Shoegazing zur Sehnsucht.
Hier mal eine so dermaßen slowly version von Mark E. Everett mit diesen „Miracoli Kids“:

The Miraculous Love Kids – "Only The Young" ~ Featuring E from EELS

Another night in any town
You can hear the thunder of their cry
Ahead of their time
They wonder why

Shadows of a golden age
A generation waits for dawn
Brave carry on
Bold and the strong

Only the young can say …

Alter, wie geil kann man ein Album eröffnen?

Ok, wer ein neues Overload erwartet, wird vielleicht etwas enttäuscht sein. Aber meine Fresse, wie geil! Und diese Beck-Vibes. Mal weiter ins Album reinlauschen.

Das Album ist echt 'genehm und durchgehend sehr gut.
Man hat hier und da ein paar DeschaWüüs, aber grundlegend solide Arbeit der beiden „Ikonen“:

Liam Gallagher & John Squire – Love You Forever

Trivia:
Bei diesem Track wünscht man sich quasi den Hendrix sofort an die Lead-Gitarre. :jaja:

… ach, komm' – jeder noch mal ganz schnell auf die Toilette und dann reiten wir los: Hua!

Dr. Living Dead – Kindergarten Cop

There once was a drug dealer
With a corny ponytail
Who thought he could get away
Get away from the law
But someone was after him
A man with a pledge
The price he had to pay was to become...
A kindergarten cop.

Geht doch! :thumbsup:
Jetzt kann man endlich mal Stone Roses und Oasis zugleich hören, tzz …

Liam Gallagher & John Squire – Mars To Liverpool :groove:

Jesus Christ, about last night, I can only apologize
The thought that it was over, never entered my mind …

@Ezekeel

Leider sehr geil. :noplan:

Trivia:
https://www.discogs.com/master/3411883-Liam-Gallagher-John-Squire-Liam-Gallagher-John-Squire

Steht auf meiner bucketlist rechg weit oben, da ich neulich auch erst wieder den alten oasis-krempel durchgehört habe und feststellen musste, dass ich fast vergessen hatte, wie gut die waren… selbst mit späteren „schlechteren“ alben…

…s'getting dark inside.

Lebanon Hanover – Totally Alive

I wear my eyeshadow
I'm totally alive

I kiss all the hooligans
I'm totally alive …

… wohl an, du tiefe Freude:

Lebanon Hanover – Cadaverously Quaint

Dismally affected
By yesterday's man …

Und da schlägts wieder voll zu: mein Faible für maskierte Musiker. Aber wie charmant ist denn diese Nummer, bitte?

Frühling und so.
Independent ist da immer gut.
Und wenn die erste Sonne mit Gazing begleitet wird, um so besser.

Topographies – Pink Thoughts

Trivia:
Pink Thoughts von Topographies aus der Bay Area ist so vieles. Der neblige Schleier aus Shoegaze-Klängen, angetrieben von einem stoischen Beat und engmaschigen Gitarrenlicks, vermittelt das Gefühl von Intimität und emotionaler Distanz. Brooding erinnert an eine Art Hallmark des Post-Rock-Shoegaze der 90er Jahre, und wenn der Song in Klangwänden explodiert, ist er himmlisch. Das offizielle Video ist in Grautönen gehalten, die zum Song passen, und unter der Regie von Julian Gabriel Bendana ist es eine trippige Angelegenheit, eine Mischung aus sich überlagernden Bildern, die sich manchmal anfühlen, als würden Geister durch den Raum schweben, was laut Pressetext eine Anspielung auf den schrägen Text von "Pink Thoughts" sein könnte, in dem es um den Tod und die Kommunikation mit geliebten Menschen im Traum geht.

Zurück
Oben Unten