Where to buy more RAM?

I have 20" iMac/2GHz Intel Core Duo/512 MB DDR2 SDRAM.

Original RAM: 512MB
Additional RAM: 1024MB (subsequently bought from DSP-Memory)

As you know, there are 2 slots available for RAM. One is already taken by the original 512MB. The other one is available for additional RAM.

I have Kernel Panics if I install both 512MB and 1024MB. I also have Kernel Panics if I install 1024MB only. I always get Kernel Panics is if 1024MB inside the computer. No Kernel Panics if I use the original (512MB) only.

My iMac is up and running well as long as I do not use the RAM (1024MB) from DSP-Memory. So I do not think this is an iMac-related problem. This is a DSP-problem.

Yes, some gentle force is needed but I do not think this is a installation probelm because I am able to install 512MB properly. But not 1024MB.

There is always a remote problem that 1024MB is damaged.

There is always a remote problem that 1024MB is damaged.

exactly... so send it back.
it will be replaced and you will get another one to get it running
have fun
incal

DSP is offering a 2 year warranty for 'no name' memory and 10 years for their own brand. (according to their homepage)

You should contact them asap and tell about your problems. Afair they will test the memory and if they also have problems, you should get a new module.

Hi there,

I am still having 2 x 512 MB RAM bars from a MacBook laying around...

Of course, they are working and fully compatible.

You can have them for 30,- € + postage.

Message me If you are interested.

cheers

Mulligan
ram.jpg

DSP is offering a 2 year warranty for 'no name' memory and 10 years for their own brand. (according to their homepage)

You should contact them asap and tell about your problems. Afair they will test the memory and if they also have problems, you should get a new module.

Agreed. However, my iMac could be more sensitive to 3rd party RAM than theirs because the machines are never identical.

Hi there,

I am still having 2 x 512 MB RAM bars from a MacBook laying around...

Of course, they are working and fully compatible.

You can have them for 30,- € + postage.

Message me If you are interested.

cheers

Mulligan
ram.jpg

Thks for yr offer. I already have 512MB from Apple. I was also looking for something more powerful than another 512MB.

However, keep your offer in my mind.

Zurück
Oben Unten