Musik Was hört ihr gerade (Teil 10)? - in memoriam Ahrsib!

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Gerade wird The Orville Season 2 im TV wiederholt. Die Folge »Lasting Impressions« habe ich mir nochmal angesehen, die Episode gefällt mir irgendwie.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Ralle2007
Deep Purple - Highway Star

Dire Straits & Eric Clapton.Brothers In Arms 1988 Wembley.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Elvisthegreat
Masterpiece:

Another Classic:

• Gefällt mir

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Ahrsib
Hello,

Townes Van Zandt - "MARIE" - HQ Sound

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Macschrauber und Ralle2007

• Gefällt mir
Zeit für einen Walzer ist immer.

• Gefällt mir
Manchmal gefallen mir sogar TV-Werbespots. Das ist eigentlich ein altes Volkslied …

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Ahrsib
The Man

• Gefällt mir
More from The King

The Seekers

I wander the streets
And the gay crowded places
Trying to forget you
But somehow it seems
That my thoughts ever stray
To our last sweet embraces
Over the sea on the island of dreams
High in the sky is a bird on a wing
Please carry me with you
Far, far away from the mad rushing crowd
Please carry me with you
Again I would wander
Where memories enfold me
There on the beautiful island of dreams
Far, far away on the island of dreams

• Gefällt mir

FROM "OUT AMONG THE STARS" (2014)

ABOUT THE ALBUM

My parents kept everything and through the years they packed away their recordings and various things into a storage vault. After they passed away, it became necessary that we go through these things. This record, Out Among the Stars, was one of the treasures that we discovered after they passed. What a blessing to find this music. Dad recorded this record with Billy Sherrill, the veteran producer, back in 1984 and 81, mostly in 84. At that point in my life, my dad, well he'd been through some struggles in the early 80s. He had fallen back into drug addiction and in late 83, he went through recovery. So, we catch Dad here at a point in his life, when he was true, when he was aware, when his voice was perfect -- when he was headed in a spiritual direction that was positive and meaningful for him. This music resonates in so many ways to my spirit. It's not just about the perfect voice; it's a memory to me of who my dad was at the time. And what a blessing to come face to face with that and remember that now and I feel like I'm with him again when I hear these recordings. ABOUT THE SONG My father did go through struggles in the early 1980s. In late 1983, he went through drug rehab at the Betty Ford Center. While he was there he wrote I Came to Believe. To him it was him giving his whole life and spirit over to God. This song is very personal and very true. Although he recorded it later in his life with, Rick Rubin, this original recording of the song is the first time that he ever recorded it. What a blessing to have this and to hear his voice strong and true. JOHN CARTER CASH

• Gefällt mir
Hello,

Gerry Rafferty - "The Ark"

• Gefällt mir
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben Unten