Musik Was hört ihr gerade (Teil 10)? - in memoriam Ahrsib!

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Eine meiner ersten Elvis Platten
Wieviel Elvis Platten hast du denn eigentlich?

(Damals in meiner Ausbildung lernte ich jemanden kennen der 50 Elvis Platten (mit 16+) hatte, da war ich einfach nur baff.
(Hatte zu diesen Zeitpunkt längst noch nicht mal 50 Platten!)

Wieviel Elvis Platten hast du denn eigentlich?

(Damals in meiner Ausbildung lernte ich jemanden kennen der 50 Elvis Platten (mit 16+) hatte, da war ich einfach nur baff.
(Hatte zu diesen Zeitpunkt längst noch nicht mal 50 Platten!)
Ich habe auf DVD fast alle Filme, CD‘s locker 70, inklusive Sampler und Sondereditionen. Die meisten meiner LP‘s hat mein Sohn, der sich einen „richtigen“ Plattenspieler gekauft , Supersound. Meine Kollegen aus den USA haben mir zum Abschied einen Cowboy Hut und eine Elvis Single geschenkt.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: EutinOH, nonpareille8 und Rednose
Und fehlt dir denn noch was an Platten oder Songs oder kann man sagen das du alles was er veröffentlicht hat hast?

Und fehlt dir denn noch was an Platten oder Songs oder kann man sagen das du alles was er veröffentlicht hat hast?

Denke schon, das die Sammlung ziemlich komplett ist. Auf der anderen Seite, da gibt es bestimmt noch Dinge aus LIVE Auftritten (z. B. Louisiana Hay Ride) die ich nicht habe.

Das hat alles mit " His Hand in Mine" und Little sister angefangen.

Und mehrfach in Memphis und Tupelo gewesen, bei der Letzten Tour haben wir uns allerdings Graceland geschenkt, die haben einen Knall was die jetzt verlangen. Als ich
noch öfter in Nashville war habe ich immer ein langes Wochenende draus gemacht, Freitags geflogen und dann ab Montag gearbeitet.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: nonpareille8 und Rednose
Elvis Presley

Born in the heat of the desert
My mother died giving me life
Deprived of the love of a father
Blamed for the loss of his wife

You know Lord I've been in a prison
For something that I never done
It's been one hill after another
I've climbed them all one by one

But this time, Lord you gave me a mountain
A mountain you know I may never climb
It isn't just a hill any longer
You gave me a mountain this time

My woman got tired of heartaches
Tired of the grief and the strife
So tired of working for nothing
Just tired of being my wife

She took my one ray of sunshine
She took my pride and my joy
She took my reason for living
She took my small baby boy

But this time, Lord you gave me a mountain
A mountain you know I may never climb
It isn't just a hill any longer
You gave me a mountain this time

By Don McLean

Once I stood in the night
With my head bowed low
In the darkness
As black as could be
And my heart felt alone
And I cried, oh Lord
Don't hide your face from me
Hold my hand all the way
Every hour, every day
Come here to the great unknown
Take my hand
Let me stand
Where no one stands alone
Like a king I may live
In a palace so tall
With great riches to call my own
But I don't know a thing
In this whole wide world
That's worse than being alone
Hold my hand all the way
Every hour, every day
Come here to the great unknown
Take my hand
Let me stand
Take my hand
Let me stand

Songwriter: Thomas Mosie Lister

Written by the Rev. Thomas A. Dorsey. Elvis had promised his mother Gladys that he would sing" Peace in the Valley" for her on his January 6, 1957 appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. Gordon Stoker of The Jordanaires tells how the producers did not want the young rebel rocker to sing a gospel song, but Elvis insisted. A week later on January 13, 1957, Elvis recorded the song at Radio Recorders in Hollywood, accompanied by Scotty Moore (lead guitar), Bill Black (bass), D. J. Fontana (drums) and The Jordanaires (backing vocals), with Gordon Stoker playing piano.

From the soundtrack "That's The Way It Is"....... Elvis Presley Mary in the Morning Lyrics: (words & music by Cymbal - Rashkow) Nothing's quite as pretty as Mary in the morning When through a sleepy haze I see her lying there Soft as the rain that falls on summer flowers Warm as the sunlight shining on her golden hair When I awake and see her there so close beside me I want to take her in my arms, The ache is there so deep inside me Nothing's quite as pretty as Mary in the morning Chasing a rainbow in her dreams so far away And when she turns to touch it I kiss her face so softly And then my Mary wakes to love another day And Mary's there in sunny days or stormy weather She doesn't care, cause right or wrong the love we share, We share together Nothing's quite as pretty as Mary in the evening Kissed by the shades of night and starlight in her hair And as we walk, I hold her close beside me All our tomorrows for a lifetime we will share And Mary's there, and Mary's there and Mary's there

... die Stimme fasziniert nach wie vor, unglaublich.

Jahrhundertstimme würde ich sagen, aber irgendwie ist das eine Nummer zu klein – meine Meinung.

____

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Macschrauber

Tu dir den Gefallen und höre es bis zum Ende.

Have a wonderful day!

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: nonpareille8
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben Unten