Mirror option in menu bar

mainstream-43

Hi Community (happy Easter),
this is my very first Topic and hopefully, I am doing it on the right way (in the right forum).

I am owning a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017).
I am a professional consultant and this is my device I spend a lot of time in different meeting rooms with different presentation devices (beamer, screen, etc.). And even in my office and home office, I am connecting common screens via Dell D6000 USB docking station.

The Icon in the menu bar helps me a lot and I always have a shortcut in the menu bar where I can easily select mirror, extend monitor, etc..
This icon was definitely appearing in the menu bar even I do not have Air Display compatible screens connected to my MAC (over the air). Connect a beamer via HDMI to an Apple dongle to USB-C connected to any of the USB-C plugs to my mac, my screen flickers and the icon in the menu bar was there (the screen with the little triangle).

Correct it WAS.

After upgrading from Sierra to High Sierra (along with another three updates) my MAC is now on Version 10.13.4 (17E199).

Well, nothing changes. Neither the Apple Dongle nor any other docking station or even screens. But the little triangle won't appear again. That annoys me totally and frustrated me a little. I converted from Surface to MAC and I love that device. But now it feels like completely loss.

Apple Support says it just appears when I am connecting a compatible Air Play Display and they confirm further nothing changes between Sierra and High Sierra. But this is not true. It workes fabulous before the update.

I am counting heavily on you. Can you please help me to bring the little icon back to my menu bar?

Many thanks
Frank

Der kommt nur wenn ein Gerät mit Airplay im Netzwerk verfügbar ist.
Eventuell auch wenn ein AppleTV mit Konferenzraum Option bzw Airplay für alle in der Nähe ist.
Die Option unten siehst du oder nicht? Links unten.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-01 um 23.33.40.png

#mainstream,
einfach mal das Backup "Sierra" wieder aufspielen und nachschauen, ob es wirklich so ist, wie du sagst?
Und, wenn es für dich ein Killer-Feature ist: bleib bei Sierra...
Gruss, Ciccio

@AgentMax dein Screenshot sieht so aus wie bei Dir - nur in englisch. Demnach ist kein AirPlay Monitor in der Nähe. Auch in unserern Konferenzräumen ist das nicht der Fall.
@Ciccio Das mit dem Backup kann ich mir in der tat überlegen, aber ers ist so wie ich sage, denn das habe ich nahezu jeden Tag genutzt (das Icon in der Menübar).
Danke für Eure Antworten.

Manuelles Backup machen, Installationsstick erstellen für Sierra, Festplatte formatieren, Sierra installieren, Daten zurückkopieren. :)

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: dg2rbf und Ciccio
Das ist das, was man vorher machen sollte...

Zurück
Oben Unten