is there a known issue, that the new macbooks or firmware update got color sync probl

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

mac0410

I am a photographer. I am using a new macbook aluminium,* OS X 10.5.6 with the newest firmware installed. I don´t know if this problem existed before I installed the firmware but I got huge problems now with photos on my second extern Eizo 2231 tft monitor.*

My macbook is calibrated. I am familiar to the hardware calibration, done this many times on my old G5, so there is everything right.
Monitor is allright, because when I switch it to my old G5 again, the colors of all my photos are as they shoulb be.*I set the monitor also to default, same problem.

Switching to my macbook, colors look ugly, too much red and too dark
(not slyghtly, really bad ) they look like this in preview, in photoshop and everywhere else.

I installed os x on a new harddisk just to see if there is something wrong with my current os x system. with this totally fresh os x installed I had the same problem.
Firmware update *of course wasnt reversible.

That problem occurs with JPG PSD RAW etc.
One programm previews my RAW photos in the way they should. It is the Raw Converter from Adobe. Before in the finder preview I got false colors, then right colors in Raw Converter, and then in Photoshop again the false colors, red and dark.
It must be problem with recognizing the right profile of the photos, I guess.*
The strangest thing is how Iview behaves (programm that creates thumbnails of photos, so they can be seen while the photos aren´t availible
on extern harddisk not connected). When I open a preview Iview catalogue on the macbook, that I have created on the G5.... the previews look good as they should.
But if I press the button " recreate Previews new" the previews*change their color to this false dark red color cast.

Is there a known issue, that the new macbooks or firmware update got color sync / color profile problems ?
As I said, on my G5 everything works fine at the moment using the same eizo 2231 monitor, so hardware of the monitor is allright.
And on the macbook there is installed*a fresh OS X with nothing else *installed on it.

Antwort auch gerne auf deutsch

Thank you*

Best regards

Marc

You use quite a lot stars* for no apparent reason.

Welches Farbprofil ist denn für den Eizo am MacBook eingestellt? Wenn du ihn kalibriert hast, kann ich mir nicht erklären, warum er so falsche Farben zeigt. Vielleicht ist für den Eingang vom MacBook ein anderer Modus (nicht sRGB sondern Custom oder sowas) am Monitor eingestellt und für den Eingang an dem der G5 hängt das richtige?

nothing for ungood, but what you wrights here, let my ears ring :D

Sry der muste einfach sein. Bitte entschuldige das ich nicht konstruktiv zur Problemlösung weiterhelfen kann.

Was wolltest du (Arakis) uns damit sagen?

Danke Euch beiden,

Eingang am Monitor war für beide Monitore der gleiche, somit kann es das Problem nicht gewesen sein.

Mr.D. , your link to dpreview is brilliant. Maybe that is the solution to the problem. OS X doesn´t switch monitor profiles if you switch a window from one monitor to the other.
For example lightroom opens default its window on my second monitor and shows colors as they should be.

http://www.romant.net/photography/osx-not-colour-calibrated/

Thank You

If I use the extern Eizo monitor profile on my macbook, everything is fine on my Eizo. no more over saturated dark Photos in preview photoshop ...

But my macbook monitor looks totaly strange now of course.

Willst du uns hier verkohlen? Du kannst DEUTSCH schreibst aber alles in einem DEUTSCHEN Forum in ENGLISCH? Vielleicht sollte ich dann auch anfangen einfach nur noch auf Spanisch zu schreiben (würde mir sogar leichter fallen)....

Teilweise glaube ich wirklich ich bin im falschen Film...

Willst du uns hier verkohlen? Du kannst DEUTSCH schreibst aber alles in einem DEUTSCHEN Forum in ENGLISCH? Vielleicht sollte ich dann auch anfangen einfach nur noch auf Spanisch zu schreiben (würde mir sogar leichter fallen)....

Das frage ich mich auch :suspect:

Aber versuch es doch einmal. Der Threadstarter hat ja seine Antwort auch bekommen.

Alex

I am a photographer. I am using a new macbook aluminium,* OS X 10.5.6 with the newest firmware installed. I don´t know if this problem existed before I installed the firmware but I got huge problems now with photos on my second extern Eizo 2231 tft monitor.*

My macbook is calibrated. I am familiar to the hardware calibration, done this many times on my old G5, so there is everything right.
Monitor is allright, because when I switch it to my old G5 again, the colors of all my photos are as they shoulb be.*I set the monitor also to default, same problem.

Switching to my macbook, colors look ugly, too much red and too dark
(not slyghtly, really bad ) they look like this in preview, in photoshop and everywhere else.

I installed os x on a new harddisk just to see if there is something wrong with my current os x system. with this totally fresh os x installed I had the same problem.
Firmware update *of course wasnt reversible.

That problem occurs with JPG PSD RAW etc.
One programm previews my RAW photos in the way they should. It is the Raw Converter from Adobe. Before in the finder preview I got false colors, then right colors in Raw Converter, and then in Photoshop again the false colors, red and dark.
It must be problem with recognizing the right profile of the photos, I guess.*
The strangest thing is how Iview behaves (programm that creates thumbnails of photos, so they can be seen while the photos aren´t availible
on extern harddisk not connected). When I open a preview Iview catalogue on the macbook, that I have created on the G5.... the previews look good as they should.
But if I press the button " recreate Previews new" the previews*change their color to this false dark red color cast.

Is there a known issue, that the new macbooks or firmware update got color sync / color profile problems ?
As I said, on my G5 everything works fine at the moment using the same eizo 2231 monitor, so hardware of the monitor is allright.
And on the macbook there is installed*a fresh OS X with nothing else *installed on it.

Antwort auch gerne auf deutsch

Thank you*

Best regards

Marc

scheiße fangen die leute schon 6 tage vor weihnachten an sich hart einzurauchen? oder liegts am (noch) legalen dauerkonsum von spice?

Teilweise glaube ich wirklich ich bin im falschen Film...

Wahrscheinlich "Englisch-Leistungskurs" und will uns hier für dumm verkaufen, bzw. ein bißchen prollen. :hamma:

Außerdem voller Rechtsschreibfehler wie "color", oder "slyghtly" oder "programm"! :mad:

Wahrscheinlich "Englisch-Leistungskurs" und will uns hier für dumm verkaufen, bzw. ein bißchen prollen. :hamma:

Außerdem voller Rechtsschreibfehler wie "color", oder "slyghtly" oder "programm"! :mad:

Wohl doch kein Leistungskurs gewesen :eek::D:eek:

Wir sind hier im Internet Leute, da ist Englisch Amtssprache!

Aber trotzdem heißt das Ding externAL display!

Die Lösung macht Sinn. Werde ich zuhause mal ausprobieren. Weil in Aperture zB werden ja auch zwei Monitore genutzt und da wird das Bild auf beiden korrekt dargestellt. Mal ausprobieren was passiert, wenn man das Fenster dann verschiebt.

Wir sind hier im Internet Leute, da ist Englisch Amtssprache!
Aber trotzdem heißt das ding externAL display!

Dann müssen wir aber MacUser, als deutschsprachiges Forum, dichtmachen. Von Amts wegen.

Wer mich kennt weiss, das ich sehr anglophil bin. Aber auf englische Fragen in deutschsprachigen Foren kann ich verzichten.

Da war jemand zu Faul, die frage auch noch mal auf Deutsch zu stellen.

Alex

Na geht es noch? Es ist ein deutsches Forum und er kann DEUTSCH, vielleicht sogar besser als ENGLISCH ;)

Dann machen wir es doch wie wir wollen und jeder schreibt in der Sprache die ihm besser gefällt!

Wann warst du zum letzten Mal auf MacUser.de eingeloggt?

I dont understand the question.

Natürlich ist hier die bevorzugte Sprache Deutsch, aber ich denke inzwischen kann man schon erwarten, daß man auch Englisch kann, wenn man sich im Internet rumtreibt. Wo ist also das Problem auch mal was auf Englisch zu lesen?

Hm, jetzt wundere ich mich auch. Habe auf Englisch geantwortet, weil er auf Englisch gefragt hat. Merkwürdig, was wohl die Intention dahinter ist...

Colour kann man nebenbei sowohl colour als auch color schreiben, je nachdem, ob man britisches oder amerikanisches Englisch benutzt. Dann muss man das aber auch konsequent durchziehen.

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben Unten