Get a Geek in Five Easy Lessons

Kriegt Frau mit den Tipps von Leslie einen Geek ab?

• Ja klar. Geeks bestehen auch nur aus Kohlenstoff und Hormonen

Stimmen: 8 57,1%
  • Im Leben nicht. Geeks und Frauen *ROTFL*

Stimmen: 6 42,9%

• Umfrageteilnehmer
S

santaclaws

Aktives Mitglied
Sagenhaft. :D :rotfl:

Leslie Sobon eine der Marketingstrategen von AMD gibt Ratschläge, wie es einer Frau wohl möglich ist, einen Nerd in eine ungewohnte Partnerschaft zu verwickeln. Köstlich! :crack:

Es erfordert allerdings einige ... ...ähem... ... Anstrengungen von der holden Weiblichkeit. :noplan:

http://blogs.amd.com/home/2010/09/2...md/all+(All+of+AMD)&utm_content=Google+Reader

1. Learn the language. This is key. Here’s a great glossary of common PC terms written by women in high tech for non-geeks.

2. Hang out where the geeks hang out: QuakeCon, overclocking events, LAN parties, GDC. I know, I know. But, just think…he will never want to get a mani/pedi with you.

3. Ask questions. You don’t really have to understand what these questions mean, but throw them into the conversation and then act interested when he answers. (Actually, this works for pretty much any topic.)

What will win, X86 or ARM?
What’s more important in the PC – the CPU or GPU?
Is 3D just a niche?

4. If you don’t love gadgets, love the content: music, movies or games. I have yet to find a geek who isn’t passionate about one of these, if not all three. If you like movies, rent some Sci-Fi’s and you’ll be set. Try Blade Runner, The Matrix, Tron, and District 9 to start. If you game, just know that Sims and Lego count, Bejeweled doesn’t. Music is tougher. I find it impossible to listen to music I don’t like. I don’t care if he can get my alarm clock to make a Venti Soy Latte, I’m not spending the rest of my life with a man who’s into country music. But that’s me. If you can stomach tearjerker lyrics, more power to you.

5. Ignore his clothes.

Most geeks don’t wear pants. They wear jeans or shorts. Just get over it and wait for the ring to diversify his wardrobe. But if flip flops are non-negotiable, I understand.

To some of you, these lessons may seem daunting. But there’s good news here. You won’t have to learn sports. Trust me – most geeks know less than you about Red Sox vs. Yankees, the new NFL overtime rules, or why Canadian hockey teams can’t win the Stanley Cup anymore.

And when you snag your geek, here are some cool toys you can get him.

A great graphics card so he can upgrade his PC. He may ignore you, but at least he’s home.
If he likes to game, get him three screens. When he wins, he’s in a better mood.
An unlocked CPU for his PC. Just make sure no liquid nitrogen enters the house.

:rotfl:

wenn's bei Bill, Woz und den anderen geklappt hat, warum dann nicht auch bei uns...:noplan:

All diese Bemühungen, all diese Ratschläge, all diese Tipps und Tricks - wozu der Aufriss, wenn sie selbiges mit einer raumhohen Chromstange, einem Stars-and-Stripes-Binkini und einer Pilotensonnenbrille auch erreichen kann?

Immer mit der Kirche ums Kreuz, die Weiber...

:crack:

All diese Bemühungen, all diese Ratschläge, all diese Tipps und Tricks - wozu der Aufriss, wenn sie selbiges mit einer raumhohen Chromstange, einem Stars-and-Stripes-Binkini und einer Pilotensonnenbrille auch erreichen kann?

Du hast in deiner Liste das iPhone als attractor vergessen. :hehehe:

Den Bildern nach vom MUT Treffen in Oberhausen, sind diese Tips hier gernicht mal so fehl am Platz ;)

:D ganz groß! :D
Hab die ganze Zeit Szenen aus Big Bang Theory und IT Crowd vor Augen.

Ich mag die Kommentare… :)

Da fehlt noch "You are the CSS to my HTML" als passender Eisbrecher.

@SkyMark
Immer mit der Kirche ums Kreuz, die Weiber...
Noch nie gehört ... you made my day!
Back to topic:
Diesen Absatz aus Punkt 5 halte ich für falsch.
To some of you, these lessons may seem daunting. But there’s good news here. You won’t have to learn sports. Trust me – most geeks know less than you about Red Sox vs. Yankees, the new NFL overtime rules, or why Canadian hockey teams can’t win the Stanley Cup anymore.

Zurück
Oben Unten