Boot-Disketten für ältere Macs unter OS X erstellen

W

walter_f

Aktives Mitglied
z.B. solche mit Mac System 6 oder 7, und zwar ohne eine Classic-Umgebung zur Verfügung zu haben (z.B. unter 10.5 Leopard):

Creating Classic Mac Boot Floppies in OS X

It's been almost two years since I last wrote for Low End Mac, but my love of all things Apple hasn't waned. Most recently, I've become the proud owner of an iPhone 3G, which may finally stop me hunting for an elusive MessagePad 2100 on eBay.

What did interrupt my Classic Mac activities was a number of hard drive issues that required multiple reinstalls of various versions of the Mac OS on different machines. It was more of a hassle than a problem, but it became a serious sticking point once I upgraded to Leopard.

Making Boot Disks

In order to keep our classic Macs alive, we need ready access to boot disks and install disks so that when the need arises they can be recovered. Apple very kindly makes various versions available for free - most notably System 6.0.8 and 7.5.3. You can also find useful items in their archive, such as the 7.5 Network access disk, which allows you to boot into System 7 from a floppy.

But both Disk Copy and .sea files require the Classic Mac OS. Earlier this year, I found myself with three old Macs, none of which would boot, and a G5 with Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" installed that was seemingly useless for the task without the Classic environment.

Making Boot Disks using dd

All was not lost due to one simple fact - Mac OS X is a Unix variant, and therefore it has all of the standard Unix tools available. One of these can be used to make boot disks. The dd command can be used to duplicate any disk, and it can be used to take a disk image file and write it to a floppy disk byte by byte. The format of the command's usage is fairly straightforward:

dd if=INPUTFILE of=OUTPUTFILE

Where you would replace INPUTFILE with the filename (and path) of the disk image and OUTPUTFILE needs to point to the destination (a floppy disk in our case). At least, it should be that simple, but it isn't quite. Some extra parameters are needed when dealing with Mac Disk Copy images, because there is some extra information in the header of these files that we want to strip out. The command for creating a Mac boot disk is:

dd if=INPUTFILE of=OUTPUTFILE bs=84 skip=1

http://lowendmac.com/brierley/08pb/classic-mac-boot-floppy.html

Vielleicht kann jemand diese Anleitung demnächst brauchen.
;-)

Walter.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Gunibert
Zurück
Oben Unten