Musik Was hört ihr gerade (Teil 10)? - in memoriam Ahrsib!

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Ralle2007, Rednose und mero

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Ralle2007
Have some excellent soul music:

• Gefällt mir

Ist ja witzig, hätte nie gedacht das jemand von euch die Band mal posten würde.
Hatte mir in grauer Vorzeit (1980) mal ne ("wohl die Erste") Scheibe von denen gekauft und bis auf einen Song konnte man die knicken.
Diesen hier hab ich ganz gerne gehört und das Bild entspricht auch dem Album Cover.

PS:
Ok, wie ich gerade sehe ist Heartland bereits das 5 Alben gewesen.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: nonpareille8
Ist klar (für mich) das nun Max Webster kommen muß, denn so ist es auch bei meiner liebevollen iTunes Zusammenstellung!

Toller Song (von 78) wie ich finde, ist aber auch der einzige gut hörbare Song!
(Ok, kenne aber auch nur das Album)

• Gefällt mir
Und danach laut meiner Abspielliste kommt dann "Lone Star", wohl auch den wenigsten bekannt

Der Song ist von 1977

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: nonpareille8 und Ralle2007
Weiter geht es dann mit Omega gefolgt von Kansas, die auch wirklich geile Songs herausgebracht haben

Song vom 77er Album

• Gefällt mir

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Ralle2007 und nonpareille8
Und enden werde ich mit einen schönen Stück einer Band, die ich sehr mag

Song ist von 1978

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Watz63, Ralle2007 und nonpareille8

• Gefällt mir

Amarillo By morning:

A song written by Terry Stafford & Paul Fraser in the middle of 1973, Terry was the first to record the song for the Atlantic label, and produced by Blake Mevis, the song was included on the album, Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose (Atlantic Records 1973), the George Strait version was recorded on April 13, 1982, and was released January 14, 1983, it was also produced by Blake Mevis, and being included on the album, Strait from the Heart (MCA 1982).

The story behind the song :

Terry Stafford started as a rock and roll singer, in 1964 he recorded a track on the label Crusader Records, “Suspicion “, Theme that Elvis recorded in 1962, and which was included on the album” Pot Luck “, but RCA, never released it as a single. When Stafford covered the Crusader Records song two years later, “Suspicion” became an instant hit.

Terry could not find a follow-up to his great album and soon faded from the rock music scene, but he did not go out of business. He went to California, where he dedicated himself to composing songs, I also work as an actor in movies and television. Until in 1969, Buck Owens, took one of the themes of Stafford to the hit lists, “Big in Vegas.” This encouraged Stafford to return to his roots. In 1973, he signed a contract with Atlantic Records, he wanted to make his mark in Nashville, writing songs.

At the same time, another old rocker, joined the record label, both in need of economic stability and tired of traveling by road, joined their talent to compose together. One day Paul was contacted to compose a musical score, for a movie, so that Paul and Terry, started working on it every morning. One night Terry watching television saw a parcel delivery commercial, in which it was said that a package could be delivered the next morning in any part, even in Amarillo, Texas. That phrase was recorded, Amarillo by the morning (maybe because he was from Amarillo), so he decided to write a song about Amarillo.

That same night Terry called Paul, and explained the idea, and they stayed for the next morning to start writing it, but Paul could not wait, ideas kept coming up to write it, so he picked up paper and pencil and started writing it in the kitchen table, and in one hour it was finished. The next morning Paul delivered the finished song, Terry liked it a lot, and in a few weeks Terry recorded, Amarillo by morning, the song was very well recorded, and came to lists in the position 31, when the song left the lists of billboard, the song continued playing on the Texas charts, becoming an anthem. But Terry did not like to act in public, and he preferred to stop singing and do what he was better at composing.

The song became so famous in Texas, that it was sung by all the local bands, a specific band receives every night the requests of the public to sing, Amarillo by morning, this young singer of the band was George Strait, in Pearsall, Texas. At the end of the 70s George was willing to give up music and dedicate himself to livestock, but we must thank an old contact who intervened and changed the course of the history of country music, Erv Woolsey.

Erve had directed from the place where George and his band were playing and now he was promotions executive for MCA Records, he convinced George to do an audition with MCA. The record company thought that its sound George Strait, would be too country, for the new audience, but still the contract was signed.

Strait holds the record for number one albums and singles, gold albums, platinum albums, and multi-platinum in the history of country music, and is eleventh in the number one albums in all other genres. Strait is third only to Elvis Presley and The Beatles with the most gold and platinum albums in the history of music.Strait has been certified as the twelfth best-selling artist in American history, with career record sales of 70 million.

George Strait – Amarillo By Morning Lyrics
Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone
Everything that I’ve got is just what I’ve got on
When that sun is high in that Texas sky
I’ll be bucking it to county fair
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo I’ll be there

They took my saddle in Houston, broke my leg in Santa Fe
Lost my wife and a girlfriend somewhere along the way
Well I’ll be looking for eight when they pull that gate
And I’m hoping that judge ain’t blind
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo’s on my mind

Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone
Everything that I’ve got is just what I’ve got on
I ain’t got a dime, but what I got is mine
I ain’t rich, but Lord I’m free
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo’s where I’ll be
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo’s where I’ll be

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: nonpareille8 und Ralle2007

Alabama - Old Flame Lyrics

I saw you staring at each other

I saw your eyes be-gin to glow

And I could tell you once were lover's

You ain't hiding nothing I don't know

There's an old flame, burning in your eyes

That tears can't drown, and make-up can't disguise

That old flame may not be stronger, but it's been burning longer

Than any spark I might have, started in your eyes

You said it ended when he left you

You say your love for him is gone

But those old memories still up set you

For I might be a memory before to long

There's an old flame burning in your eyes

That tears can't drown and make-up can't disguise

That old flame may not be stronger, but it's been burning longer

Than any spark I might have, started in your eyes

There's an old flame burning in your eyes

That tears can't drown, and make-up can't disguise

Blondie... Ich warte immer noch auf Debbie Harry's Biografie. Die ist schon zweimal verschoben worden. Naja, vielleicht hat die gute es in den 70ern etwas übertrieben und kann sich nicht mehr dran erinnern. Wobei: Ozzy hat's ja auch auf die Kette gekriegt (und das sehr unterhaltsam). A propos Biografien: Haste den Flake jetzt gelesen/gehört, Ralle?

A propos Flake:

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Ralle2007 und Elvisthegreat
Roseanne Cash

Rosanne Cash - Seven Year Ache Lyrics

You act like you were just born tonight

Face down in a memory but feeling all right

So who does your past belong to today?

Baby, you don't say nothing when you're feeling this way

The girls in the bars thinking, "who is this guy?"

But they don't think nothing when they're telling you lies

You look so careless when they're shooting that bull

Don't you know heartaches are heroes when their pockets are full

Tell me you're trying to cure a seven-year ache

See what else your old heart can take

The boys say, "when is he gonna give us some room"

The girls say, "God I hope he comes back soon"

Everybody's talking but you don't hear a thing

You're still uptown on your downhill swing

Boulevard's empty, why don't you come around?

Baby, what is so great about sleeping downtown?

Splitting your dice to be someone you're not

You say you're looking for something you might've forgot

Don't bother calling to say you're leaving alone

'Cause there's a fool on every corner when you're trying to get home

Just tell 'em you're trying to cure a seven-year ache

Tell me you're trying to cure a seven-year ache

• Gefällt mir
Das Model von kraftwerk

• Gefällt mir
Kraftwerk - Musique Non Stop 1986 Music Video

Led Zeppelin - Black Dog (Live at Madison Square Garden 1973)

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben Unten