Probleme beim Kopieren von Software auf Mac SE

KingToby

Mitglied
Hallo alle zusammen,

Ich habe erfolgreich einen SCSI2SD-Adapter in meinen Mac SE eingebaut, der zusätzlich zur internen 40-Megabyte-HDD arbeitet. Ich habe nun folgendes Problem: Auf meinem System ist kein Stuffit installiert, und ich bekomme wirklich bei fast jedem Versuch, Software über den SD-Adapter auf das System zu installieren, eine Fehlermeldung, dass mir Stuffit fehlt. Stuffit selbst kann ich auch nicht installieren, mit dem Hinweis, dass das Programm, dass die Datei erzeugt hat, fehle. Den gleichen Hinweis bekomme ich auch bei anderen Programmen - immer dann, wenn ich keinen Stuffit-Fehler bekomme. :)

Ich kann nicht mal die offiziellen Disketten-Images vom System 6.0.x über Shrinkwrap (das immerhin installiert ist) mounten, auch dann wird mir der Hinweis auf das fehlende Stuffit gegeben. Ich habe die Images zuvor mit einem passenden Programm auf einem Macbook entpackt und dann auf die SD-Karte für den Adapter gezogen. Auf dem Mac selbst entpacken geht nicht, da ich ja kein Stuffit habe.

Hat jemand einen Vorschlag, wo das Problem liegt? Mir gehen langsam die Ideen aus.

Vielen Dank!

lad dir doch den stuffit expander aus dem store, damit du unter OS X auspacken kannst.
normal sollte doch ein stuffit installer für classic mac os als .bin macbinary kommen und nicht als stuffit …

Die einfachste Lösung wäre wohl irgendwo einen Expander auf Diskette aufzutreiben... als selbstentpackendes Image bzw. Installer natürlich.

Das Problem ist folgendes: Programme und sonstige ausführbare Dateien für Systeme bis 9.2.2 haben einen Ressourcenzweig, der das eigentliche Programm enthält. Der Datenzweig ist weniger wichtig. Dummerweise killen aber viele Betriebssysteme eben diesen Ressourcenzwig, ebenso wie ein Transfer auf ein FAT- oder NTFS-formatiertes Medium. Also auf einem Rechner mit maximal 10.3 entpacken und dort auf einen HFS-formatierten Datenträger kopieren. Dafür hüte ich mir meinen beigen G3 mit 8.6 und Diskettenlaufwerk, der kann quasi beide Welten - Internet bzw. USB und HFS-Disketten.

Wie schreibt man dann die geänderten Informationen auf den Adapter? Ich stehe da irgendwie am Schlauch. Ich habe den SCSI2SD und eine 2GB MicroSD eingebaut und an meinen iMac gesteckt. Jetzt habe ich die Daten editiert, damit meine SD-Lösung in dem LC475 als normale SCSI-HDD erkannt wird. Ich möchte die 500MB SCSI HDD im LC475 gegen die SD-Lösung tauschen und natürlich auch wieder eine ProDos-Partition für die IIe-Karte installieren.

Ich kann aber die geänderten Daten nicht auf die SD-Karte schreiben. Ist auch nicht erklärt. Auch das mit der Firmware-Update funktioniert nicht.

Anleitung:

Actually, the process is really quite straight-forwards to get a SCSI2SD working in your old 68k Mac. You do need the following (as well as the SCSI2SD and a MicroSD card);
  1. A modern Mac that you can install the SCSI2SD-UTIL software onto (the current version only runs on Intel Macs, but I believe that older versions of the software are available);
  2. A legitimate copy of the OS you are planning to install (I used the freely available System 7.5.3 with 19 1.4mb disk parts (important: these are NOT disk images);
  3. A Floppy Disk of OS 7.5.3 Disk Tools 1, to act as a boot disk for the 68k Mac.
  4. Basilisk II emulator (actually not really necessary, but handy to have nonetheless);
  5. A floppy disk-drive that you can connect to your modern Mac to add some software to a 'Disk Tools 1' floppy disk that is used to start-up the 68k Mac.
STEP 1: Install the SCSI2SD-UTIL software: this is available from the SCSI2SD website (link here). When run, this opens Terminal which then activates a GUI to allow you to setup your device:
  • First job is to update the SCSI-SD firmware (there are detailed instructions on doing this on the SCSI2SD website);
  • Then, you need to setup the parameters of your SCSI2SD: As far as I can gather, there is no need to change any of the 'General' settings for a 68k Mac, but you do need to change settings in the Device tab for the system you are using. Detailed information can be found here, but essentially you need to con the Apple SC HD setup software into believing your SCSI2SD is a valid hard drive. To do this, you need to do the following:
    • Set the vendor to the string " SEAGATE" (yes, there is a single space in front of SEAGATE for a total of 8 characters)
    • Set the product ID to the string " ST225N" (10 spaces in front for a total of 16 characters)
    • Set the revision to the string "1.0 " (with a space after, for a total of 4 characters)
  • You also need to assign your SCSI2SD an ID: if, like me this is going to replace the startup HDD, the ID needs to be set to 0.
STEP 2: Initialise the microSD card: This was the first bit where I got confused, and needed advice from the forum, although the solution ended up being very simple! You need to set up the SD card so that it has a valid Apple Partition Map, thus allowing the drive to operate. There are many alternative ways to do this, but what was simplest (and worked!) was the following
  • Connect the SCSI2SD (with the microSD card inserted) to the relevant SCSI cable port in the 68k Mac. In my situation, I simply replaced the SCSI2D for the original hard drive. Although the newer SCSI2SD's have a molex cable for power, just like normal hard drives, it is not required, as the SCSI cable provides sufficient power to drive the card.
  • One of the disk parts for System 7.5.3 mentioned above is the 'Disk Tools 1', which once saved onto a floppy disk can then be used to start-up the 68k Mac without a hard-drive or other startup disk involved. I cannot remember offhand which part/image it is (17 or 18, maybe?), but they are all freely available. I don't know whether we are allowed to upload an image of that disk, but if someone were to let me know if this is permitted, I would be happy to share it on this forum.
  • On Disk Tools 1 is a utility called Apple HD SC Setup 7.3.5 (also available here); however, the original version only works with Apple Hard Drives, so a patch is required to permit the initialising of the SCS2SD (once it has been camouflaged as a Seagate drive in Step 1). Save the patch to Disk Tools 1, update the Apple HD SC software (which will create a new, patched version of the utility on the floppy disk - don't worry, there is available space!) and then insert the floppy into the disk drive and start up the 68k.
  • Open Apple HDSC (patched), and first of all 'Initialise' the drive. This will create a small 20Mb partition, as well as the bit that runs the HFS filesystem. Then you can enter the 'Partition' section and first of all remove the feeble 20Mb partition, and then by clicking on the grey area of the drive map you can create a new 'Macintosh Volume' (or as many as you like, up to 2Gb each) for which you can set the size and the name.
STEP 3: Installing the OS: This is another area that many other forum posts seem to have identified different ways of achieving the end result, but the following worked perfectly for me!
  • Shut-down the 68k Mac and take the microSD card from the SCSI2SD and connect it to a more modern Mac (I used a G4 eMac for this stage, not for any particular reason: I'm sure it would work on anything). You should see that the volume(s) created in Step 2 appear as external disks on your desktop.
  • Copy the install disk parts for OS 7.5.3 into one of the volumes you have created onto your chosen startup volume of the MicroSD card. With 7.5.3 you should have 19 files, the first with a .smi file type, and the remaining 18 with a .part suffix. Just copy them all across. I used BasiliskII to first of all check that all of them worked properly (because I am cynical like that), by using them to install 7.5.3 on the emulator, and then I used those for the copy onto the MicroSD card.
  • Now, replace the MicroSD card in the SCSI2SD, insert the Disk Tools 1 floppy into the 68k Mac, so that you can startup the 68k Mac;
  • Once the Mac is running, access the Volume in which the 7.5.3 install parts have been placed, double click on file 1 (the .smi one) and LO! you are now properly installing 7.5.3 onto your SCSI2SD card.
So there we are, finally an idiots guide, which definitely worked for me. After I did this, I set the SCSI2SD to SCSI ID = 1 using the utility, and again using the Disk Tools 1 as a boot disk, plugged both an old HD (that was too full to install the system software properly, but had loads of software I wanted to keep) and SCSI2SD in, so that I could transfer all the files and software I wanted to keep on the Mac. Once this was complete, I reset the SCSI2SD ID to 0 (so it works as the main startup disk) and restarted the Centris. The Centris seems to work very happily using the SCSI2SD, the only weird thing is just how quietly it runs now!

Anyway, I hope this is of some use to other out there; I've now bought a second SCSI2SD to put into a Mac Classic which I think could use the extra capacity!

Was passiert, wenn du das SCSI2SD-Ding unmodifiziert an einen Mac mit OS 9 klemmst und "Laufwerke konfigurieren" startest? Das war erheblich gnädiger als das "Festplatte installieren" älterer Systeme.

Ich kann aber die geänderten Daten nicht auf die SD-Karte schreiben. Ist auch nicht erklärt. Auch das mit der Firmware-Update funktioniert nicht.

denk dran, dass HFS da einige einschränkungen hatte im gegensatz zu HFS+.
31 zeichen dateinamen und eventuell die umlaut kodierungen?

Danke. Ich bekomme die SD Karte ja nicht in eine dem Apple-Festplattentool bekannt Festplatte umbenannt. Es gibt keinen SAVE Button.
Schließe ich die Anwendung und starte ich die neu, sind die Einträge wieder wie im Auslieferungszustand.
Ich werde das Teil man in meinen 7.61er PM6100 stecken.

Danke. Ich bekomme die SD Karte ja nicht in eine dem Apple-Festplattentool bekannt Festplatte umbenannt. Es gibt keinen SAVE Button.
Schließe ich die Anwendung und starte ich die neu, sind die Einträge wieder wie im Auslieferungszustand.
Ich werde das Teil man in meinen 7.61er PM6100 stecken.

Hast du nix wo OS 9 läuft?

Wobei, das Problem dürfte ja schon im SCSI2SD-Tool liegen wenn ich das richtig verstehe, also OS-unabhängig. Mysteriös!

@Drzeissler: Falls noch nicht gelöst:
Im Menü „Load from device“, Einstellungen vornehmen, „Save to device“.

Ich habe es hinbekommen, das Kabel war nicht in Ordnung, bzw. führte keine Datenleitung nur Ladestrom.

Zurück
Oben Unten