MacOS X und Epson Stylus Color 3000 Treiber

C

c-moll

Neues Mitglied
Hallo Zusammen, Mein neues Power Book 17" ist endlich gekommem...
Um meine bereits vorhandenen Perepheriegeräte unter Mac OS X weiterverwenden zu können, suche ich nun geeignete Treiber, was sich besonders bei meinem A2 Drucker als schwierig herausstellte, der mit einer Ethernet Schnittstellenkarte nachgerüstet ist, sodass die Schnittstelle schon einmal geeignet wäre.
Epson bietet bislang nur für die kleinformatigeren Drucker, Treiber für Mac Os X an, nicht jedoch für meinen Epson Stylus Color 3000 (DIN A2). Für Lösungsmöglichkeiten ohne dass ich auf Mac OS 9 zurückgreifen muss oder gar den Kauf eines neuen Druckers (vor allem für DIN A2 welcher?) ins Auge fassen muss wäre ich dankbar.

Gruss Charlie

das scheint laut dem Beitrag hier auf MacOSXhints mit dem CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System) zu funktionieren das von 10.2 unterstuetzt wird. Du musst auf jeden Fall die GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) Treiber fuer OSX installieren (die gibts hier).

I was expecting Jaguar to be able to print with my old Epson 3000 and the new CUPS but it was not quite so easy. After much work on many sites, here's how I got the Epson 3000 working (this should work for any Epson Stylus with an Ethernet card).

- Download and install Gimp-Print. Also read this article about USB printing using the Gimp-Print on allosx.com. It has a good amount of screenshots of what you need to do. After installing the package, reboot your Mac.

The trick on the 3000 is to know the config of the ethernet card (remember, you have bought it a long time ago!) reset and configure again the ethernet card:

- Press the small black button at the back of the printer for three seconds and be sure to have some paper loaded before in the tray. The printer will print out the full information about your printer, such as Netware, TCP/IP config, NetBUI, etc.

- Download the old EpsonNet app and run it under OS9. Configure DHCP if you have one, or enter your TCP/IP parameters. If you use DHCP, be sure to copy the adress and close eveything.
Because epson will not release any more versions of this software, I suggest you keep it on a safe place if you want configure the printer again!

- Finally, you only have to go back to the Print Center, add a printer and choose the IP adress you had previously copied. The name will be the adress of the printer. After testing, change it to the name you want. You can also press "Option" when adding a new priner to have the "Advanced Options" if it doesn't work or if you want to specify the adress manually.

That's all; I hope it will help!

Cheers,
Lunde

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Zurück
Oben Unten