fonts rendering on OS X / tips

level42

Neues Mitglied
Hello everybody and please excuse me, but i can´t speak / write well in german.

I am a new OS X user ( Mountain Lion ) i love this OS, and i have a few questions about this, please dont mind me.

First of all : is there a way to make the fonts looks more crisp / clear ? Especially under Mozilla Firefox. I use a lot, the internet browsing, so i would spend weeks if it´s necessary, to modify files, and so on. Why are they different looking as Windows OS ?

I tried with Tinker Tool but the results wasnt as i exppected to be.

Another question : are there any tools to let me modify the mouse settings ? I think the mouse is a bit slow on OSX. I want to improve the ¨pointer options¨ / speed /

I purchased a mouse with 1200 dpi, under Windows is pretty fast. Would you recommend me to but MacPilot software ? Would that help me for some other programs from OS X ?

What about the customization / settings of the graphic card ? Could i change the brightness / colors / saturation / gamma / contrast / digital vibrance, etc ??

Please give me some tips, guys. Especially for the fonts rendering.

Thanks a million, in advance.

Any advices / ideas / are welcome.

I'm so sorry, but I can't help you regarding the Mozilla Firefox, because I do not use this browser. Perhaps you will find your preferred settings by using Safari.

Regarding the mouse settings you could try BetterTouchTool. Perhaps it meets your requirements.

Thanks.
Is this tool working with another mice, like Logitech / Microsoft ?

It is especially for Magic Mouse and Trackpad.

Font rendering under OSX is a often mentioned "problem" by former Windows-users. Fact is, OSX uses a different font rendering engine, that may be not so "convenient" like the Window's one. You don't have many possibilities to change the behaviour of the OSX-rendering. Like many other former Windows-user you will have to adapt to the different font rendering. After all, you will love it...you have no other choice:)

For changing mouse/trackpad speed I use a little Prefpane named "Mouse Zoom". I don't know, if it works under different mouses.

There are no adjustable graphiccard-drivers in os-x.
You may use the monitor preference pane or a monitor linearisation hard-/software-equipment.

Font rendering under OSX is a often mentioned "problem" by former Windows-users. Fact is, OSX uses a different font rendering engine, that may be not so "convenient" like the Window's one. You don't have many possibilities to change the behaviour of the OSX-rendering. Like many other former Windows-user you will have to adapt to the different font rendering. After all, you will love it...you have no other choice:)

I know that Microsoft and Apple have different philosophies about how fonts should appear, but like i said, i would spend weeks and money, only to have the fonts like under Windows. I dont' care which technology is wrong or right, i just like the MS fonts more.
And i'm pretty sure, there is a way to modify them, of course, that would be a very hard job.
If i would have some friends ( IT programer or something like this ) i will pay him to get this job done No joke.
I want to ask you something else, about os x fonts / resolution /
For example, if i'd buy a MacBook Pro with Retina Display, would that be different with the fonts ?
There is 2880 x 1800 if i know correct. So, let's say, i connect this MBP Retina Display to some 30 inch monitor, with 2560 x 1600 resolution.
How would the image be on the lcd monitor ? Same as the MBP Retina, or worse ?
Same story but Apple Mac Mini instead MBP Retina Display. How would that look on a lcd monitor 30 inch ?
Thank you.

What do you think : is there a difference between 32 inch lcd TV as monitor, and 27 inch lcd monitor ? I'm talking about the fonts quality, only. I would consider to purchase even a 30 inch lcd monitor if the fonts quality would be better.
What would you suggest ?
Thank you.

I will give it a try, danke :)
What MAC model do you have, ProjectBuilder ? Would you, please, make some screenshots ? From the web browser, different opened windows, apps, etc.
Thanks a million

Here you are...
This is on a Mac mini with a HP LA2405wg

attachment.php

Anhänge

• Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 10.23.04.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 10.23.04.jpg
    64,6 KB · Aufrufe: 159
Zurück
Oben Unten