Externe Festplatte - MacOSX-bootfähig + WinXP-Zugriff?

T

TodWard

Mitglied
Hallo,

leider schiebe ich immer noch ein kleines Problem vor mir her und das obwohl ich schon intensiv nach einer Lösung hier und bei Google gesucht habe.

vorhanden:
iBook mit MacOSX 10.4.2
WindowsXP
externe Festplatte (160GB) mit Firewire und USB

auf externer Platte gewollt:
30GB-Partition HFS+ -> bootfähig!
130GB Partition FAT32 -> Datenaustausch

dank eines älteren Tips von hier bisher erreicht:
30GB-Partition HFS+ -> nicht bootfähig :(
130GB Partition FAT32 -> Datenaustausch

Nun hätte ich die 30GB-Partition gern noch bootfähig. Allerdings wird ein mit CCC geklontes OSX nicht zur Auswahl beim Start angeboten.

Meine Vermutung geht nun dahin, das der Mac von keiner Firerwire-Platte mit DOS-Partitionsschema booten kann, da ein Gegencheck (Partition mit Festplattendienstprogramm und Apple-Partitionsschema) von Erfolg gekrönt war.

Hat hier jemand schon mal eine externe Platte dazu gebracht Mac-OSX zu booten und unter WinXP ansprechbar zu sein? (gerne auch mit Freeware-Tool)

Danke!
Tobias

Problem erledigt

Nach weiterer Suche im Forum + Anfrage in Newsgroup habe ich mich damit "abgefunden":

Apple-Partitionsschema + HFS+ = bootfähig
DOS-Partitionsschema + HFS+ = nicht bootfähig

nun suche ich "nur" noch ein Freewaretool um unter WinXP auf HFS+ zugreifen zu können.

Schönes Wochenende wünscht

Tobias

Moin!

Benutzbare Freeware gibt's keine, nur Macdrive. Das allerdings funktioniert ganz gut.

MfG
MrFX

Dein Wunsch ist nicht möglich...

Willst du Bootfähig werden, musst du das ApplePartitionSchema verwenden. Windows kann aber nicht damit umgehen...
Beim MBR würde zwar Win die Fat Partition lesen können, du könntest aber nicht Booten...

MacDrive... naja... unter WinXP habe ich's auf den verschiedensten Rechnern nicht zum laufen gebracht... 2k klappte hingegen auf anhieb (InternetExplorer 6 vorausgesetzt *würg*)

TodWard schrieb:
Hat hier jemand schon mal eine externe Platte dazu gebracht Mac-OSX zu booten und unter WinXP ansprechbar zu sein? (gerne auch mit Freeware-Tool)

Danke!
Tobias

Ja das geht.

Das habe ich von Macosxhints:

Thanks to simoncha, I was finally able to create FAT32 and bootable Mac partitions on the same disk. I'm posting my process in detail so others will know how. I was able to simplify some things and I had to guess with some of the steps so if anyone sees something that should have been done differently, let me know. So far, everything seems to work fine. I included the results of some compatibility testing at the end. The following steps should work in 10.3.
1) Determine the device (e.g. /dev/disk1) associated with your disk. I will be using disk1 and rdisk1 in my examples. You can use steps 2 through 4 in the original hint to find the correct number for your disk. Unmount any partitions that are already on the disk (ejecting from Finder is sufficient). These partitions will be deleted.

2) I made two new partitions, one 18GB Mac (HFS+) called "Mac" and one 10G FAT32 (MS-DOS) called "PC":

diskutil partitionDisk disk1 2 HFS+ Mac 18G MS-DOS PC 10G
3) Unmount the newly created partitions (eject from Finder).
4) Get the partition information. You can use the command pdisk in Terminal. Enter l (lower case L) to list a device's partition map and then /dev/disk1. Then q to quit pdisk. Here's what mine looked like:

/dev/disk3 map block size=512
#: type name length base ( size )
1: Apple_partition_map Apple 63 @ 1
2: Apple_Free 0+@ 64
3: Apple_HFS Apple_HFS_Untitled_2 37486592 @ 262208 ( 17.9G)
4: DOS_FAT_32 DOS_FAT_32_Untitled_3 20856304 @ 37748800 ( 9.9G)
5: Apple_Free 0+@ 58605104
5) Now use fdisk to create the master boot record (MBR) so Windows will recognize the FAT32 partition:
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk1
When prompted to initialize the partition table, enter y.
fdisk doesn't actually create any partitions. It just edits the MBR partition table. That's what the information from pdisk is for. The MBR created by fdisk can only contain information about four partitions. The important ones to enter are the Apple partition map and the HFS+ and FAT32 partitions. This means that in step 2, you can create a total of three partitions. The commands for the two partitions I created are:

edit 1
partition id: af (I wasn't sure what partition id to use for the Apple partition map so I just used HFS+)
edit in CHS mode? n
partition offset: 1 (This is the value in the base column for the Apple partition map in the output from pdisk.)
partition size: 63 (from the length column for the partition map)

edit 2
partition id: af (for HFS+)
edit in CHS mode? n
partition offset: 262208 (from the base column for the HFS partition in the output from pdisk)
partition size: 37486592 (from the length column for the HFS partition)

edit 3
partition id: c (for Win95 FAT32L)
edit in CHS mode? n
partition offset: 37748800 (from the base column for the FAT32 partition)
partition size: 20856304 (from the length column for the FAT32 partition)

You can verify what you've entered using the print command:

Starting Ending
#: id cyl hd sec - cyl hd sec [ start - size]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: AF 0 0 2 - 0 1 1 [ 1 - 63] HFS+
2: AF 16 82 3 - 1023 192 19 [ 262208 - 37486592] HFS+
3: 0C 1023 192 20 - 1023 254 47 [ 37748800 - 20856304] Win95 FAT32L
4: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused
Nothing is written to the partition table yet so use the write command to do that. Then quit to exit fdisk.
You're done. If you compare this process to the one described by simoncha, you'll see that it's basically the same except that I left out steps 5 and 7 through 10. This is because I was getting "invalid argument" at step 10 and nothing was being written back to the partition table. Since step 10 wasn't really doing anything, the other steps aren't needed.

Compatibility Information

Windows
All the versions of Windows I tried can read and write to the FAT32 partition. I tested 98SE, Millennium, 2000, and XP. ScanDisk and chkdsk don't report any problems with the partition. I reformatted the FAT32 partition using Disk Management in Windows XP. I then examined the Apple partition table with pdisk and the MBR with fdisk. They appeared to be unchanged. Disk Management also shows unallocated space and an unknown partition. Don't format those.

Mac OS X 10.2
I have not been able to create the MBR using fdisk on 10.2. I also have not been able to install from a 10.2 CD to the HFS+ partition. It may be possible to clone 10.2 using Carbon Copy Cloner but I have not tested this. Otherwise, 10.2 reads and writes to the drive without issues. Disk Utility can be used to erase the HFS+ partition and it does not seem to alter the Apple partition table or the MBR.

Mac OS X 10.3 (and beyond)
Everything appears to work with 10.3. It can create the partitions and the MBR. It can read and write to both partitions. Sometimes the FAT32 partition doesn't appear in the Finder even though it is mounted. Unmounting and mounting it with Disk Utility will make it show up. 10.3 can be installed to the HFS+ partition and it is bootable. Disk Utility can be used to erase the HFS+ partition and it does not seem to alter the Apple partition table or the MBR. Additional testing suggests that things will continue to work, even after April 29th.

Occasionally, repairing the FAT32 partition with Disk Utility will show something like:

Next free cluster in FSInfo block (3) not free
fix? yes
It always fixes it and the next scan finds nothing wrong.
Mac OS 9
OS 9 can read and write to the HFS+ partition only. Disk First Aid can be used to erase the HFS+ partition and it does not seem to alter the Apple partition table or the MBR. Because OS 9 drivers were not installed when the partitions were created, it cannot be used as an OS 9 startup disk. I tried using the OS9Drivers argument when I created the partitions with diskutil but this made the partition table much more complex. I don't think it will be possible to make it bootable with OS 9.

I also tested the disk with three third-party Mac disk utilities: DiskWarrior, Drive 10, and Norton Disk Doctor. Norton was the only one that reported any problems. They were invalid creation dates for the volume header block and alternate volume header block. These problems were fixed. The Apple partition table and the MBR appear to be unchanged.

Ich versuche das selbe, allerdings scheitere ich bereits daran, das ich auf meiner externen Platte keine zwei Partitionen mit 1x Fat32 und 1x HFS+ anlegen kann.
Wenn ich das Mac-Partitionsschema benutze kann ich keine FAT32 Partitionen anlegen und beim PC-Partitionsschema ist es genau anders rum.

Somit hilft bei mir auch der Tip von von MacOSX Hints nicht.

Kann es sein das es mit 10.3 noch funktioniert hat, habe nämlich schon den Tiger im Tank

Gruß,
Dirk

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
also bei mir funktioniert es unter Tiger, hab es mit dem disuktil Befehl aus Schritt 2 geschafft.

ciao

Bei mir hats damals auch funktioniert...
Du musst übrigens das MBR Schema verwenden, sonst kann dein PC auch nicht auf die FAT Partition zugreifen...

Also wenn ich das hier so richtig verstehe, dann ist nach der Anleitung die Mac Partition wirklich bootbar. Wenn ja, kann mir das jemand nochmal näher erklären? Verstehe die Anleitung ehrlich gesagt nicht so recht...

Danke im Voraus

Zurück
Oben Unten