Mac OS X 10.2 version of Image Capture is compatible with scanners, as described below.
Note: Mac OS X 10.2.1 or later is recommended for best scanner performance. See technical document 106704, "Mac OS X: How to Update Your Software".
In Mac OS X 10.2, scanner drivers are included for:
• EPSON Perfection 1640 (outside the United States: GT-8700)
• EPSON Perfection 1650 (outside the United States: GT-8200)
• EPSON Perfection 1660 (outside the United States: GT-8300)
• EPSON Perfection 2400 (outside the United States: GT-9300)
• EPSON Perfection 2450 (outside the United States: GT-9700)
Additionally, Mac OS X 10.2 can use TWAIN-compatible scanners connected to USB ports, once a Mac OS X-compatible TWAIN Data Source is installed. Contact your scanner vendor for information about a Mac OS X 10.2-compatible TWAIN Data Source for your scanner. TWAIN-compatible scanners that worked without Image Capture in Mac OS X 10.1 must be updated to work with Image Capture in Mac OS X10.2.
AppleCare Knowledge Base Article ID 107203
Mac Hilfe hat bei der Suche "scanner epson" auf die Knowledgebase verwiesen.