A problem with a repair service

N

nekotamo

Hi all,

my first post here. I apologize because the forum topic i picked is probably not correct, but I have only a limited understanding of german language.

I am writing asking for some advice.

In January 2011 I sent my MacBook Pro to M&A Computer Service http://ma-computerservice.de/ for a Logic board repair.

Before I sent the computer they were very communicative, we were emailing the whole sunday evening.
I believe they say that most repairs will be done in 20-30 days, on their website.

After the computer arrived there, they were gone. They stopped replying to emails, once in a 3 week periods they would reply that it has been repair and will be sent back (I am outside of Germany), but then would be missing in action again. I had even some combinations so that people from DE can bring my laptop back, they didnt even comment on those parts of my email.

At some point - in MAY !!!!! - they said the computer has been repaired. I was very quick to pay for the service so I can receive the computer and get done with that crowd.

They lied on numerous occasions that the computer has been sent back, and after a week and a half I finally got the tracking number.

The computer arrived. It started up but the screen was blank!
Finally I found out that a cable was unplugged that's connecting the lcd backlight.

Also I noticed that they took out and kept one of my RAM modules (2Gb), because one of my RAMSLOTS was dead.

The computer worked for 10 days and the logicboard failed again.
I sent it again to be repaired under warranty and now it is July, and again they are not answering emails, phones etc. When they do they lie and lie and I cant do anything.

I am really desperate.
I want my computer, and my money back.

I need advice from you -- who can I write/call in Germany about this?
I really do not want to pay for the service that takes 7 months to repair one computer and I dont want them to have my money because I lost so many nerves and time about this that I really feel that I should go there and kill them with my bare hands.

I appreciate any help and advice, and apologize for this post and it's location.

Regards,

Uros

Sorry, can't give you any good advice short of consulting a lawyer or some office for consumer protection.

M&A Computer Service is clearly not an Apple Authorized Service Provider, so you can't even turn to Apple for help or advice.
If you're outside Gemany, why did you pick a German firm in the first place and why didn't you look up any AASP in your vicinity on Apples support page?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1434?viewlocale=de_DE

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: LosDosos
As dirkt says: Consult a lawyer.

Zurück
Oben Unten