8800 Arte als Modem nutzen

E

evian

Aktives Mitglied
Moin,

ich versuche jetzt als Mac Neuling seit mehreren tagen erfolglos mein 8800 Arte als Bluetooth Modem mit meinen Macbook zu verbinden.
Aber irgendwie will das nicht klappen :( Nokia biete ja leider keine PC Suite für den Mac an.

Habe jetzt schon mehrere Anleitungen die ich per Google gefunden habe durchgearbeitet, aber irgendwie will es nicht klappen.

Ihr seid meine letzte Rettung!

Gruß

Was ist denn das?
Google sagt ein Nokiahandy, wenns echt darum geht gibt es sicher nen Treiber.

1. http://www.taniwha.org.uk/files/NokiaHSDPA2007-07.zip
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY

Introduction

These scripts are designed to work with network-based Internet access services using HSDPA technology, otherwise known as "3.5G" networks. Rather than dialling a normal Internet service provider over low-speed cellular dial-up, you can connect directly to a relatively high-speed Internet service provided by the network itself. This means you will be using your network provider as your ISP while on the move, not your normal ISP. Which in turn means you may have to use different settings for things like browser proxy servers and SMTP servers for sending email - you can still use your normal POP3 settings to receive mail.

The scripts work with mobile phones connected over Bluetooth, infrared (IrDA) or USB-serial cables. They activate an HSDPA connection by dialling the dummy phone number *99***n#, where n is normally 1-10, which means "make IP connection using Context ID n" (a context is a set of network parameters). The scripts dial this number automatically - there is no need to enter this number, or *99# or any other number your network provider may have told you, into the 'Number' field of Internet Connect in OS X or Remote Access in OS 7-9.

However, in order to access the correct Internet access point for your network, you may have been provided an Access Point Name (APN) by your network provider. Most networks require an APN (and a usercode & password) to get a connection, and the script needs to configure the phone with the correct APN. The only way to enter anything into a script is via the phone number - so that is where you enter the APN, or enter "None" (without the "") if there is no APN for your network. There are full instructions further down this document.

Do NOT:
- enter your usual ISP phone number in the 'Telephone Number' field
- enter *99#, *99***1#, or any other combination of *, # or 9 in the 'Telephone Number' field
- use the usual username & password you use for your dialup ISP

These scripts may have bugs in them - I can't test them myself as I don't have an HSDPA phone. Please contact me (email address below) if you are successful and have the details for a new network, or if you have problems

Kia ora,
Ross
ross@taniwha.org.uk
http://www.taniwha.org.uk/
----------------------------------------
My scripts aren't shareware - you can use them for free. However, several people have asked if there's anything they can send me as thanks for helping out with various scripts and modem/phone issues. Normally I'd say, "Buy me a beer", but since the Mac community is global, that's not really practical. So I've adopted the Pintware concept pioneered by Turly O'Connor for his wonderful OS9 FinderPop utility. If my scripts are of use to you and you'd like to say "Thanks", you can make a donation to buy me a pint or two through PayPal by clicking the "Thanks, Ross" button on my website. Just donate whatever you think is reasonable.

Script Details

There are three versions because some networks configure Context ID 1 (CID1) for WAP. If CID1 fails, try CID2, or CID3. There are no performance differences between the scripts.

The Text folder contains text versions so you can see what goes on inside the scripts.

Known network details:
(always check with your provider if possible - they change)

There's a list of many networks and their parameters on my Website:

http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

Known Issues:

1. The 'Send PPP Echo packets' option introduced in OS X seems to cause problems with most GPRS/UMTS networks. You should switch it off in Preferences:Network:pPP:pPP Options.

2. TCP header compression is not supported on some networks. If you have trouble connecting, try switching off 'Use TCP header compression' in Remote Access:Options:Connection (OS 9) or Preferences:Network:pPP:pPP Options. Do not disable it automatically, since it will give better throughput if it works.

3. Some networks do not correctly supply Domain Name Server (DNS) addresses. If you are able to connect, but cannot browse or get email, it is likely that you need to set the DNS addresses manually - ask your service provider for the DNS address, or look on my GPRS page.

4. The Remote Access control panel in OS 9 will not allow you to dial (the Connect button will be greyed-out) unless there is at least one character in either the usercode or password fields, or you select Guest rather than Registered User. If your network does not use a usercode/password, select the Guest option. Internet Connect in OS X does not have a Guest option, so just leave the username & password fields blank in that case.

5. These scripts do not usually report the connect speed. HSDPA doesn't have a fixed speed, so the phone doesn't normally bother giving a speed in its CONNECT response. Some PC Cards do, but they report a fixed speed which may not accurately reflect the real throughput.

OS X Instructions

1. Drop the modem scripts into Library/Modem Scripts

2. Set up PPP:
A. Open Network Preferences and select the PPP tab
B. Optional: Create a new location - call it "Mobile" or whatever (this is not absolutely necessary, since the modem config in the current location can have different settings to the existing Ethernet, etc. ports, but a separate location may be useful if you already have a mobile phone dial-up setting for the same IrDA/Bluetooth/USB port in your default location)
C. Select "Show: 'Bluetooth Modem Port'" (or a PC Card, USB or IrDA serial port if you are using those)
D. Enter your ISP name in "Service Provider".
E. Enter in "Telephone Number" the APN provided by your network, or NONE if it has no APN.
F. Enter the Account name & Password, or leave them blank if there are none for your network
G. Press the "PPP Options..." button
H. Make sure that 'Send PPP echo packets' is not selected

3. Set up modem
A. Select the Bluetooth Modem (or the equivalent IrDA/PC Card/USB port name) tab in Network Preferences
B. Set 'Modem: "Nokia HSDPA <whichever version you're testing>"'

4. If you are using Infrared, activate Infrared link:
A. Follow procedure in phone's manual to turn on phone's Infrared port
B. Line up phone IR port facing IR port on PowerBook.

5. Connect:
A. Open Internet Connect
B. Select 'Bluetooth Modem Port' (or the equivalent USB, PC Card or IrDA port name)
C. Click 'Connect'
D. No dial/modem sounds are heard during connection process

OS 9 Instructions:

1. Drop the modem script into System Folder:Extensions:Modem Script Folder.

2. Open up Remote Access control panel
A. Press Command-K to bring up Configurations
B. Duplicate your current config & rename it, e.g. "HSDPA" or whatever you like.
C. Click 'Make Active'
D. Type in any username/password details provided by your network, or select Guest
E. In the Number field, enter the APN provided by your network, or NONE
F. Save the configuration on close

3. Open Modem control panel
B. Duplicate your current config & rename it, e.g. "HSDPA" or whatever you like.
C. Click 'Make Active'
D. Set 'Connect via: "Infrared Port"' (or the PC Card or USB-serial port if you are using these)
E. Set 'Modem: "Nokia HSDPA <whichever version you're testing>"'
F. Set 'Ignore dial tone'
G. Save the configuration on close

4. If you have been given Domain Name Server (DNS) addresses, open the TCP/IP control panel
C. Click 'Make Active'
D. Set 'Connect via: "PPP"'
E. Set 'Configure: "Using PPP server"'
F. Set 'Name server addr.:' to the values (one or two) supplied by the network, if there are any.
G. Save the configuration on close

4. If you are using IrDA, activate Infrared link:
A. Follow procedure in phone's manual to turn on phone's Infrared port
B. Line up phone IR port facing IR port on PowerBook.

5. Connect:
A. Click "Connect" on Remote Access Control Panel
B. No dial/modem sounds are heard during connection process

Extra hints:

1. In OS 9, to monitor the infrared connection, open the Infrared control panel to see that it shows IrDA devices in range. It will also show the connection process. In OS X, you can display the IrDA status in the Menu bar.

2. In OS 9, you can switch between the Remote Access configurations from the Control Strip, or using Location Manager. Location Manager can also switch Modem and TCP/IP configs, so it is by far the easiest way to switch between 3G and any other set-ups you may have.

Läuft bei mir seit Monaten ohne Probleme.

Grüße,
Max

Super. Jetzt klappts bei mir auch!

Gruß

Zurück
Oben Unten